Coolness of Eyes
Coolness of Eyes
Spread the beauty of Islam by owning art that tells a story.
Gift Tips: Perfect for all parents. Whether you're welcoming a baby, attending a housewarming or celebrating an anniversary.
These are canvas prints of my painting titled COOLNESS OF EYES
Ayah #1: “Our Lord! Bestow on us from our spouses & our offspring the coolness of our eyes & make us leaders of the righteous.” Surah Al- Furqan 25:74
Ayah #2: "My Lord, have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small." Surah Al Isra 17:24
The "eyes becoming cool" is an Arab idiom. This expression equates to finding refuge from a storm. In today's world, the storm can be found inside our homes. In this powerful and beautiful dua, we are asking Allah SWT for our home to become a place of refuge. A place where our worries disappear when we come home to our spouse & children.
The strongest bond is that between a mother and her child. Remember when Musa AS's mother put her baby in the water to save him from Pharaoh? Can you imagine not knowing what's happening to your child. So imagine the feeling when she was reunited with Musa AS. Allah SWT used the same expression to describe the most indescribable feeling: coolness of the eyes.
This painting was inspired by this indescribable feeling. The floral prints symbolize the pure bond between a mother and her child. The white streaks symbolize the modern day sand storms that we seek refuge from while the dominant blue represents tranquility and calmness. With this theme in mind, I included a dua for our parents as a reminder to slow down and show patience during their old age and to treasure our time with them as they may not be around for long.
May these powerful duas become part of our daily prayer inshaAllah
WHAT YOU’LL GET: Two of these ready-to-hang canvases! (Sold as pair) These hand-crafted canvas prints have a hard-backing (no flimsy canvas) and the colours are very vivid. Shipped securely in cardboard packaging.
STORY CARDS: The inspiration behind the paintings are a great conversation starter!
SHIPPING: Delivery in 8-10 business days. See rates at checkout.
- Please refer to measurements for exact size. Images were digitally adjusted to show prints in interior settings
- The actual colour of the print may vary due to screen resolution, lighting or ink output (printer).
- This is not the original painting. It is a photographic reproduction of an original by artist, Saleha.
- Canvas has a sheer flat finish to show all vivid details however, some areas may not be as focused (when observed up-close) due to the heavy texture on the original painting which is difficult to capture.
- All artwork by Saleha Art is subject to copyright and any reproduction or printing of this work is against the law
- No returns or exchanges. So please read all details carefully before purchasing.